Tuesday 30 June 2020

2020.07.01 The Undeadening


(Re)Activating after a long quiescence.


Life, as the saying goes, goes on. Post mortality goes on and on and on and [... time passes] on and on. I am alive¹, single, living in Ipswich, land of the Western Bogans. I am less capable than a decade ago, and somewhat out of my comfort zone. However, the need to create some kind of presence on the net, and to leave footprints in the taphonic record as it were, has been highlighted by the increasingly untrustworthy nature of regular, ephemeral, social media.

Seriously some of the stuff I write is clever and it reaching an audience most often of a nice guy who barely speaks English, two RWNJ trolls, and a couple of old school acquaintances is kind of depressing. Yes, I am being arrogant, I get accused of it all the time, so I may as well zip it on like Yellow Spandex and see how it looks. [Mental note I need to lose weight.]

I speak English, I have been adding to my vocabulary since I was assessed as having a post-graduate level vocabulary in the 7th grade,so call it 100,000 words or so. (This crippling disorder is called hyperlexia, please donate using the link below² to help me with it, there is no cure, but books help make the victim more comfortable.)

My Dad was Scots, born in Newhaven (in Edinburgh), and after a few drinks prone to lapsing into Scots. I widnea say I speak it, but I ken more than I would expect. I learnt a little German but have let it lapse, same goes for Old English/AngloSaxon. I speak a little Latin, but real Rebublican Latin not the mincing barbarous gibbering³ of churchmen and doctors.

Oh and welcome to the new Financial Year 2020-21, this Boomtime⁵, Day 36, the season of Confusion in the Year of Our Lady 3186.



¹ for some values of life or at least unlife
² paypal VillageIdiotAU
³ /dʒɪb.ə.rɪŋ/ you know jib-er-ing see a later blog post about bad data on the net.
Gibbering Madness
⁴ for Australians
⁵ Wednesday, 1st of July 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment