Wednesday 6 April 2011

Claiming to be Optus

My GF just got a call from 028661900 claiming to be Optus.

I've had a couple of calls from this number trying to get me to verify my details and offering to sell me different plans, but I've just said I'm not interested and hung up. My suspicions were raised when they called several times. I don't verify my DoB or address with anyone calling me, only if I initiate the call. I have a nasty feeling my GF may be about to be churned.

I'm googling for the number and it has been calling various mobile companies customers for the last year or so. Seems they are a phishing outfit after credit card details. The usual free Free FREE, just allow us to withdraw $1 to verify account routine. We've hung up long before that point, luckily.

Annoyingly Optus charge $3/month to block numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment